Here is a list of common solutions to issues when hiding your IP:
1) When first installing or re-installing Hide My IP, be sure your Internet programs such as browsers are closed. Most Internet programs open will use your current/real IP until they are closed and restarted. When Hide My IP is installed and running, first connect to any IP location in Hide My IP first and then open your favorite Internet applications to ensure they are using the Hide My IP service.
2) Security software such as firewalls or anti-virus products may be conflicting with Hide My IP. Be sure you have properly added exceptions to your security products to allow Hide My IP to work correctly. A tutorial guide for popular firewall programs can be found here:
3) Your browser may be caching a previous page that stored your old IP address before you turned Hide My IP on. In this case, you can clear your browser cache and/or cookies, then make sure Hide My IP is running and then try to access the site or application again.
4) You may have more than one IP hiding program installed. These typically do not function well together. You may try to uninstall or disable any other proxy or software in order to see if they are interfering with Hide My IP.
5) You may need to install Hide My IP as the Administrator depending on your current Windows account permissions. Please uninstall Hide My IP, re-install by right-clicking the Hide My IP setup installer and choosing "Run as Administrator" then continue the install as normal.
6) Try turning on the "DNS Protection" setting in the Advanced Settings window. This is an extra security feature that blocks IP leaks. You can learn more about our DNS Proxy service which works for many types of Internet devices at the link below: